Are you looking for an opportunity to join a company that allows you to combine your passion for learning with the chance to develop your skills and grow your career? Challenge, reward and opportunity; DECA Aviation is committed to offering them all. DECA Aviation is a division of PAL Aerospace and is accepting applications for a motivated, energetic and career-minded Project Coordinator at the Mississauga, Ontario base.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting all programs and related activities at DECA Aviation ranging from quoting, project and deliverables tracking and invoicing in accordance with the defined program management procedures. The primary focus of this position is to support the Program Managers and the Operations Manager in the day to day execution of programs as well as continually improving project management processes, sharing best practices, improving management visibility and reducing the administrative tasks of the program management team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field incoming client inquiries in support of prospective projects, and in support of the programs team.
- Preparation and follow up support for estimates and proposals in response to existing and prospective client RFQ’s, including incorporation of subcontractor requirements as required.
- Planning for incoming projects, and monitoring ongoing projects for internal and external resource requirements, allocation, and overall co-ordination of multiple concurrent projects.
- Support project monitoring in areas of design, engineering, certification, financial, scheduling and client issue resolutions, with varied level of involvement from oversight to direct involvement as required.
- Reporting to Executive Management and various Program/Project Managers on coordination activities.
- Project work involving all aspects from initial client contact and estimating, through development of final contract deliverables.
- Interface directly with customers, equipment suppliers, TCCA/FAA/EASA, subcontractors in support of project requirements.
- Support and lead innovation efforts for incorporation / development of new technology and modifications
- Support day-to-day office administrative tasks as may be assigned.
- Help ensure success of projects through the timely coordination of project events and communications.
- Assist with project control using MS Project.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting status of project, progress against major milestones and assists with preventive/corrective action to ensure timely delivery.
- Provide the necessary project oversight to ensure all deliverables are well coordinated and completed within the assigned target dates.
- Coordinate the formal project reporting process.
- Active participation in and coordination of project review meetings.
- Maintenance and integrity of project management archive data and reports.
- Assist the Project Manager(s) with internal and external communications.
- Provided project administrative support as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Business or project management certification, or a combination of education and experience.
- A technical degree or diploma in engineering, design or aircraft maintenance is preferred.
- Experience in engineering and aviation is preferred.
- Knowledge of project management tools like MS Office, Primavera or open source systems is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain filing systems, databases, and basic diary/minutes management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good financial and business awareness considered an asset.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
To apply go on:
DECA Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.